What You Should Do If Someone Tries To Defame You?


When a false statement damages the image of a person, business group, or company, it is considered defamation. Whether the false statement is communicated deliberately or without any harmful intentions (usually recklessly), it harms someone’s reputation in public.

And, celebrities are not the only ones who are affected by the defamatory statements. Many businesses and small companies have also suffered because of it. Even a single statement has the ability to harm your image.

False statement is communicated by two methods –
·         Spoken
·         Written (in paper, on internet etc.)

Defamation is a serious issue as it can lead to severe consequences like family & society’s rejection, lost business opportunities & customer base, damaged reputation etc. Clearing the defamed individual’s or business’s name becomes an additional challenge.

So what you should do if someone tries to defame you? If you are a victim of defamatory statements, then you should contact a professional lawyer to get justice for your ruined reputation.

An attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf after investigating your case. In your complaint, the lawyer can provide the evidence that show how the statement has caused damage to your image. You also need to provide witnesses (if any) who could testify to the effects of defamatory statements. You can either settle the case out of court or go to trial. Your attorney can help you with that too.

Stephanie Ovadia is a renowned attorney who has been practicing for more than 30 years. She is also a radio personality who hosts the Stephanie O Show, on 103.9 FM, LI News Radio. She practices in various legal areas including personal injury, entertainment, false arrest, product liability, contract law, per diem court appearances and more.

She has also appeared as a legal commentator on many news stations. She has represented clients in defamation cases too and would be a great choice for someone looking for legal representation while trying to file a defamation suit.

You Might Also Like


Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images